Cousins Co.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Page 1 - The Box

Go down

Page 1 - The Box Empty Page 1 - The Box

Page 1 - The Box HG_Page1_zpsa9a053fb

Last edited by Ethanmn on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ethanmn
Ethanmn
Fire

https://cousinsco.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Page 1 - The Box :: Comments

Ethanmn

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm  Ethanmn

Wooooow. That took way longer than it needed to! I really have to get back to work, but hopefully I can start work on the next page soon! It's a busy, busy week, so don't expect much (plus I'm sick x( ). Sorry it starts off a bit slow, I think I have a problem with prioritizing what is and isn't important. I've never really done a comic, so the panels and progression may be a bit wonkey, note that the panels are numbered for your convenience. Anyways, hopefully this is just the beginning, and I hope you enjoy, because I sure had a blast drawing it! Oh and sorry for the crappy scan, that's the best I can do.

Back to top Go down

Aznmastermind5

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 pm  Aznmastermind5

Nice work, man if only you two could do color too, but that would take way too long

Which generation/game is this one btw, I'm not really familiar with how any of them start

Back to top Go down

ChaoticGrowth

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm  ChaoticGrowth

Pretty cool. I hope you get the next page soon, because I'm curious as to what's going on. I don't even know.

Rem, he's paying HeartGold, but I think he might be taking some liberties with the introduction to the story.

Also, I actually could have done simple color, and I might still. Maybe I'll even go back and color the old pages. In more detailed pieces, using color is quite a bit more work, but the way I'm doing it is actually not that complicated. The only reason I didn't was because originally, I wasn't intending to do much in the way of shading or even grayscale, but then I did on a whim and liked the look of it. Honestly, I've always kind of liked the look of grayscale for comics, but I think I'll try my hand at coloring. We'll see.

Edit: Scratch that. While the actual process of coloring is as easy as I expected, finding the right colors is irritating, and I would have to color all of the skin and various other white patches that I could otherwise leave untouched. I need to get faster at doing this in the first place. I do still want to add color eventually, but I'll wait until I feel comfortable. Sorry bros. (Though like I said, I've always kind of liked grayscale. It gives things a cool shadowy feeling. Not quite fitting for the colorful world of Pokemon, but hopefully I'll be able to implement color before too long.)

Back to top Go down

Ethanmn

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am  Ethanmn

Yeah it's HeartGold but I figured the story could be a bit more exciting. I hope it doesn't turn into disaster. And colour is definitely a no go. The only "colouring" I do is making it darker and more contrast so it can actually be read.

Last edited by Ethanmn on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

yin666

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 am  yin666

I like how you guys are spicing up the story since Pokemon games don't really have that much to begin with. It's almost like Pokemon: Blah Blah version the abridged series!

Back to top Go down

yang777

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 am  yang777

Yeah, I agree. I love the "dah dah dah daaaah" reference to a game in a game in a comic!

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down