Cousins Co.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Page 2 - The Dark

Go down

Page 2 - The Dark Empty Page 2 - The Dark

Page 2 - The Dark HG_Page2_zpsab69882e

Page 2 - The Dark HG_Page3_zps01cecdef

Last edited by Ethanmn on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ethanmn
Ethanmn
Fire

https://cousinsco.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Page 2 - The Dark :: Comments

Ethanmn

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:17 am  Ethanmn

Sorry about being so slow to update, I really want to get on with the story, but I have so many other things have on my todo list. I've decided that I like hand drawn borders (though hopefully they'll get a tiny bit straighter when I get more used to the tablet) and "standard paper size", so for now all of my pages will be in that format. I know a comic with not a lot of visuals is just a terrible novel, but I didn't feel like I could convey the feeling any other way. Also the dialogue is crap, but I really want to get this page out of the way so we can get on to fun stuff! I'm still kind of making this up as I go, so I hope it doesn't get too dark or whatever. Do you know how hard it is to get a sketchy white on black look, using fill and an eraser? Geez this took way longer than it needed to. 2 hours for about 5 seconds of reading. Anyways, see you next page!

Back to top Go down

ChaoticGrowth

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:54 am  ChaoticGrowth

Hmm... Interesting. I wonder what's going on.

Back to top Go down

Aznmastermind5

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 pm  Aznmastermind5

The dialogue at the end sounds familiar for some reason

Back to top Go down

yin666

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm  yin666

is dat Ho-Ho?

Back to top Go down

yang777

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm  yang777

Oooh, Ethan and Matt should check out Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics The Invisible Art (he also has a book on making comics). I've only read a couple chapters that were included in one of our school books, but I'm sure there is some way to "obtain" the whole thing. Anyway, the chapters that I read were a great read (it is written as a comic btw) and I'm sure the rest is great as well. It really opens your eyes to the tricks you subconsciously know from being a comic reader.

Back to top Go down

ChaoticGrowth

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 pm  ChaoticGrowth

@Hassan I do believe dat be Ho-oh.

@Hussein That sounds really interesting. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Ethanmn

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:50 pm  Ethanmn

@Hussein Yeah, I was actually looking at that on Amazon the other day. I heard about it from Day[9] (who got a game design masters from USC O_o) and some of his friends on a YouTube video. I'll definitely have to look into it now.

@Hassan I dunno, IS IT? It's supposed to be...

@Rem If it is from something, then I've subconsciously stolen it.

Back to top Go down

Ethanmn

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 pm  Ethanmn

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- God I hate hands. And then I go and erase 90% of it for the frame. Anyways, I think I need to make smaller frames so that I can fit more story on each page. As always it should just get better as I get used to computer drawing.

Back to top Go down

ChaoticGrowth

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:03 pm  ChaoticGrowth

At first, I was like, huh? There are no hands. And then I realized that you had put up another page. Haha.

Also, what did you mean by this:
Ethanmn wrote:And then I go and erase 90% of it for the frame.
Where you referring to the orb thingy or did you actually mean frame? I'm just trying to clarify.

Back to top Go down

Ethanmn

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:09 pm  Ethanmn

I meant, I drew a hand, but when I actually put it in the scene, the orb covered 90% of it and it hardly even mattered at that point.

Back to top Go down

Aznmastermind5

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 am  Aznmastermind5

This is just a wild shot in the dark.... but I'm guessing that the orb has gold coloring?

Back to top Go down

yin666

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 am  yin666

Lol rem

Back to top Go down

yang777

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 am  yang777

As it has to do with Ho-oh there could also be some rainbow on it if so desired =P

Back to top Go down

Ethanmn

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm  Ethanmn

Yeah, the orb is gold.

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down